Those of you who know me in real life know I am not a morning person at all. Rising and shining is definitely a daily struggle for me! Most days, I have to be out the door at a totally uncivilized hour, so I rely heavily on my morning routine to make sure I look and feel radiant.
Enter St. Ives and OatMeals--they sent along this lovely care package that made my mornings brighter this week. It contained two servings of OatMeals' special St. Ives Radiance Boost Bowl oatmeal in cute individual mason jars along with the new St. Ives Nourished and Smooth Oatmeal Body Scrub and Nourish and Soothe Oatmeal and Shea Butter Lotion, which gently soothes skin, restoring its natural radiance. I love that the lotion is made with 100% natural moisturizers, including shea butter and glycerin.
Here's a peek at what my mornings usually look like:
- First things first: a long, hot shower to wake me up. I like using an exfoliant like the Nourished and Smooth Oatmeal Body Scrub every other day to keep my skin soft and glowing.
- As soon as I'm out of the shower, I put lotion on while my skin is still damp to lock in the moisture. The Nourish and Soothe Oatmeal and Shea Butter Lotion smells great and keeps my skin from becoming dehydrated in our dry Colorado air.
- I wrap my hair with an absorbent towel, put on my cozy robe, and eat breakfast while I read my favorite news sites and blogs.
- Next I dry and style my hair, clip it back, then put on sunscreen and makeup.
- My last step is to put on the outfit I've laid out the night before (accessories and perfume included), pick up my already-packed bag, and rush out the door.
Breakfast is such an important part of starting my day. I'm often on my feet in court all morning, and there's no way I'd make it until lunchtime without a healthy and nutritious meal before work. Oatmeal has nutrients that are known to give the body energy and boost overall health, like whole grain and soluble fiber.
You can find more info on the St. Ives products I'm using here on their website. Both the body scrub and lotion are available at Target, and are a great value at $4.99 each.
I hope you enjoyed getting a glimpse into my morning routine! Have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks to St. Ives for sponsoring this post. The opinions and text are all mine.