A little foreword: it's hard to believe how long it's been since my last post! Thanks to all who texted, emailed, or messaged me making sure all was well. Your concern is very much appreciated! Because of a very busy work schedule for the last few months after I returned from Japan plus some family issues, I have been on a blogging break. I've kept a low profile on social media, except for Snapchat (username is helloframboise), where I love posting tidbits from my travels and everyday life. I'm hoping to get back to regular blogging soon--I have so much to share with you all!
Onto what you came here to read! I've had a couple requests from readers for my picks from the 2016 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, which is open to the public today. I'm more than happy to oblige since this is my favorite sale of the whole year. It's a great opportunity to stock up on new arrivals for fall at reduced prices. The graphic above has some of my top picks from the sale, and all the item photos are clickable and will take you to their respective product pages on Nordstrom's site. More on my favorite pieces below!
- The rag + bone Margot Booties: I splurged on these during last year's Anniversary Sale, and they were one of my favorite purchases of 2015 (review and photos here). This year, they have a neutral pair that's similar to the camel-colored ones I have and a fun gray version with fringe on the side zippers. The gray color looks to be the same as my Newbury booties, which have held up nicely for several winters now (see them on me here). The Margots are so comfy, but make sure to order a full size up as they run quite small.
- The Frye Melissa Button Boots: I've been a fan of these for ages and own two pairs myself--see my review and how I style them here.
- The Tory Burch Dillan Sandals: I just received these and am loving how comfortable and well-made they are. They run a little small, but I didn't size up because the leather will stretch.
- The Cole Haan Marina Boots: these over-the-knee boots are on my wishlist, but I haven't sprung for them quite yet. They look fantastic on Jean of Extra Petite, so it seems they work well on a small frame.
- The Aquatalia Olita Boots: after eyeing them for most of last winter, I decided to add these weatherproof leather boots to my closet. They came in yesterday, and they are just beautiful! I braved the heat and tried them on for a little while, and so far so good. I'll post a real review once temperatures drop and I can actually put the weatherproofing to the test.
- Halogen Belted Wool Coat: the sizing runs a touch large on this one, but the quality of the fabric and lining are great for the price point. I am still debating whether to keep this one since I already have several wool coats, but if I do keep it, I'll probably change out the belt. It is thicker and warmer than I expected, which should be great for fall!
- Halogen Colorblock Sheath Dress: this dress is seriously gorgeous and a 00P fits me well.
- Tie Neck Lace Shell: I missed this one in my size, but it looks so pretty and still has some sizes left.
- Windowpane Ponte Sheath Dress: love the print on this one--I have a similar sheath dress that gets a lot of wear for work.
- Bags: the Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir and the Expandable Tote are two of my favorites from this sale. Pretty and very functional! (See the large Le Pliage bags on me.)
- Wallets: the taupe-gray color of this Hobo wallet and this Tory Burch zip-around wallet really appealed to me. The Hobo Lauren is my everyday wallet and is big enough to hold all the cards, coupons, coins, and receipts I carry around.
- Watches: this pretty kate spade watch in silver and cobalt blue will be a great complement to summer and fall outfits. I noticed a couple Michele watches are part of the sale as well; I liked this ultra-classic bracelet watch and this (more affordable) white one with a silicone strap
- Jewels: I picked up a couple pairs of Kendra Scott earrings recently, and saw that this pair was included in the sale. I also love the intricate look of this pair in rose gold.
- Beauty Blender Set: this is one of those products where if you don't have one, you need one, and if you have one, you need two. These makeup sponges work wonders in smooth, natural-looking foundation application, plus they can be cleaned and reused.
- GlamGlow Set: this set from one of my favorite skincare brands has a clearing, brightening, and exfoliating mud mask in it. The clearing mask has been a lifesaver for my skin!
- Fresh Set: I'm already a fan of their lip treatments (one is included in the set), so I'm trying a few more products from Fresh. I'm excited to try the mask and cleanser!
- Diptyque Candle Set: Diptyque can do no wrong with their scented candles. I received this set earlier this week and placed them all over my house. The scent from one of these minis can lightly perfume a room without even lighting the candle. This set may actually be my favorite Anniversary Sale purchase!
- Dr. Brandt Radiance Set: I've recently started to use the Alpha Beta peel pads, and they are both gentle and effective in getting my skin smooth and glowing. I use them every other day to stretch out each box as much as I can. This set is a good value for these products, and they are totally worth the price.
Reminder: the Anniversary Sale runs through August 8, when prices on all these items go up!