A little foreword: it's hard to believe how long it's been since my last post! Thanks to all who texted, emailed, or messaged me making sure all was well. Your concern is very much appreciated! Because of a very busy work schedule for the last few months after I returned from Japan plus some family issues, I have been on a blogging break. I've kept a low profile on social media, except for Snapchat (username is helloframboise), where I love posting tidbits from my travels and everyday life. I'm hoping to get back to regular blogging soon--I have so much to share with you all!
Onto what you came here to read! I've had a couple requests from readers for my picks from the 2016 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, which is open to the public today. I'm more than happy to oblige since this is my favorite sale of the whole year. It's a great opportunity to stock up on new arrivals for fall at reduced prices. The graphic above has some of my top picks from the sale, and all the item photos are clickable and will take you to their respective product pages on Nordstrom's site. More on my favorite pieces below!
- The rag + bone Margot Booties: I splurged on these during last year's Anniversary Sale, and they were one of my favorite purchases of 2015 (review and photos here). This year, they have a neutral pair that's similar to the camel-colored ones I have and a fun gray version with fringe on the side zippers. The gray color looks to be the same as my Newbury booties, which have held up nicely for several winters now (see them on me here). The Margots are so comfy, but make sure to order a full size up as they run quite small.
- The Frye Melissa Button Boots: I've been a fan of these for ages and own two pairs myself--see my review and how I style them here.
- The Tory Burch Dillan Sandals: I just received these and am loving how comfortable and well-made they are. They run a little small, but I didn't size up because the leather will stretch.
- The Cole Haan Marina Boots: these over-the-knee boots are on my wishlist, but I haven't sprung for them quite yet. They look fantastic on Jean of Extra Petite, so it seems they work well on a small frame.
- The Aquatalia Olita Boots: after eyeing them for most of last winter, I decided to add these weatherproof leather boots to my closet. They came in yesterday, and they are just beautiful! I braved the heat and tried them on for a little while, and so far so good. I'll post a real review once temperatures drop and I can actually put the weatherproofing to the test.